Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Spring!

(перейти на русскоязычный блог)

The weekend has passed and I'm taking a minute to tell you about the 8th of March (International Womens Day in Russia). Although it's an official holiday in Russia, here in Budapest they do not officially celebrate, however all the women and girls usually expect to get flowers and sweet treats from colleagues and spouses.
For me personally this Day is mostly about my Mom. Russians do not celebrate special Mother's Day so I used to see the 8th of March as the Mother's Day instead (unofficially)... That morning before the breakfast Dani (my son) sent virtual cards to his grannies to Russia and had a long chat with them via Skype (it's nice to live in XXI century :))




Despite on the holidays laziness I played with choux pastry again...  As a result I had these green beauties for the breakfast today :)


The green ones are filled with peppermint creme (a-la Creme Anglaise) plus a bit of berries compoté: blueberries + sour cherry. This combination turned out very delicious - tender and balanced!

Those (below) are with praline creme plus salted caramel.



I was experimenting with different glazing recipes as well: chocolate and based on sugar fondant, - and to my taste the sugar one turned out better for eclairs. And what do you prefer as a glaze for eclairs? :)

Finally, here is the recipe of my peppermint creme Anglaise.

Peppermint Creme Anglaise (This recipe in Evernote):

Ingredients:

135 г peppermint puree (I use CapFruit)
135 г heavy cream
65 г egg yolks
40 г sugar
10 г flour
15 г corn scratch

Instructions:

1) Mix well yolks, sugar, scratch and flour.
2) Heat cream + peppermint puree by 82C
3) Mixing the yolks add gradually hot cream+puree until completely combined. Put on heat and stir vigorously until creamy. Put creme in a separate boil and let it cool.

For the directions on choux pastry check the LeCordonBlue website (I always use that recipe and it works perfect)
http://www.cordonbleu.edu/news/chouxpastrydough/en

No comments:

Post a Comment