Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, March 14, 2014

Choux Quartet

(перейти на русскоязычный блог)

Although the spring has come gently this year, we did not manage to avoid illness ((... On the second day of doing nothing (spent the first day of illness with my son on the sofa watching cartoons and listening to the audiobooks) I got soooo bored that decided to cheer myself up! Guess what exactly have I done? :)

Once I was deeply in painting (I was a teenager that time) ... however that period actually did not last long... I used to dive into the colorful Van Gogh paintings for ages... But what am I talking about...

Oh yeah! These days I needed something to cheer myself up. And I found the colorful way to do so with my today's passion - pastry ;) This was my yesterday's palette:
Peppermint, chocolate, raspberry and vanilla flavors (beautiful isn't it?). 
I love the choux pastry: love making the dough, love watching them becoming puffy and taking the shape of the balls, love this crispy cover! 

Made 16 pcs (4 * 4 flavors) and called it my Morning Choux Quartet :) I've already written the mint Creme Anglaise recipe, the raspberry one - is the same (you only need to take raspberry puree instead) and the vanilla - is the classic creme Anglaise (no need to write it once again, right?). 

So today I'm publishing only the chocolate creme recipe here (this recipe in Everrnote):

Ingredients:

100 g Creme Anglaise (just cooked, warm)
50 g dark chocolate
up to 100 g heavy cream

Instructions:

1) Melt chocolate and mix with Creme Anglaise until smooth and shiny.
2) Add gently whipped cream (soft peaks). Depending on desired consistency you may add 50 - 100 g of cream.


For the directions on choux pastry check the LeCordonBlue website (I always use that recipe and it works perfect)

Bon Appétit! 















No comments:

Post a Comment